Our Mission Adventure

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb." - Revelation 7:9

Monday, July 12, 2010

I Know You're There Lord

Tonight the CCC Prayer Ministry Team met with our Bondo mission team to hear our needs and pray over us for the trip.  What a sweet time of togetherness, with each other and with the Lord.  At one point I really want to fall on my knees, but of course second-guessed myself for a while.  When I opened my eyes preparing to make a move, I saw that almost all of our team has prostrated themselves already - so I joined them!  By the end of it all, we had all humbled ourselves before God and it was just...perfect.

Without disclosing details of other people's stories, I was amazed to hear how many of our team have been under spiritual attacks these past few weeks.  Many team members shared how current situations in their lives had been mentally all-consuming, distracting and heartbreaking.  There were many commonalities in our prayer needs.  My heart ached for some of the situations and it really brought losing the UK trip into better focus for me.  In short, I'm okay with it now.

I believe Satan has been trying to divert our team from the battle ahead and I see all of these attacks as an ambush from enemy forces.  Those grenades have really been flying in everyones lives, so I reiterate:

"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD. - Isaiah 54:17

We'll spend the rest of this week in final preparations which for me equates to housework and loving on my kids.  There is laundry to finish, luggage to pack and bug spray to purchase.  Yes, the business of these final days will continue but by the grace of God I choose to give my worries to Him and go about my business enjoying the "peace that surpasses all understanding".

I leave you with a favorite song to enjoy.  Just pretend it is me singing it because I agree with every word sung.

1 comment:

  1. Praising God for the peace He has given you. May He lead you as you share the gospel and bring salvation to many hearts.

    ReplyDelete